SKILLS FAIR Wrap-Up
Julie Ferguson, Administrator
And, it’s over. The 2017 Skills Fair, “Lifting Each Other Up”, was a tremendous success. Nearly 100 of our caregivers shared this day with us and enjoyed the following stations:
- Clinical Skills – where they reviewed skills and learned new techniques
- Self Care – where they took a yoga or meditation class and talked about empathy
- Brain Training – our guest speaker, Linda Terry, offered a stimulating class
- Scheduling – met with the schedulers; updated schedules and availability
- Payroll and IT – where they reviewed payroll, online access, and had questions answered
- Photo Booth – funny photos for all to enjoy
- ProCare – where they learned about educational opportunities at our CNA School
- HR – where all their credentialing and personnel questions were answered
- Information Table – various handouts, flyers, and brochures, as well as opportunity to purchase or donate gently used work clothes
- Food and Beverage – breakfast, lunch and snacks were provided
We had door prize drawings every half hour with winners selecting from a variety of interesting and useful gifts. All employees received a monogrammed Advanced Health Care lunch bag – handy for taking lunch to work! Three people won grand prizes (2 $50 and 1 $100 gift cards), and nobody went home empty handed!
The success of this Skills Fair is once again owed to our fantastic administrative staff, who have collaborated on this event since last year. Many meetings, endless lists, and ongoing coordination of schedules, supplies and materials all came together last Friday. As we prepared Thursday evening, after a full work day, I couldn’t help but appreciate the happy, positive people around me. As they worked into the evening, blowing up balloons, setting up stations, assembling posters and materials, knowing that they would be back in a few short hours, I couldn’t have been more proud. To work with people who embody the spirit of caring and compassion in all they do is humbling and rewarding. I am so very grateful to work with such special colleagues at Advanced Health Care as we serve together. Thank you for a fabulous event.